The Green Tide of ORC BORG is COMING
There are days I open up the internet, look for news, and peek around the video game, tabletop, and boardgame markets to see what’s cooking. The other day, I spotted the educational game for kids, Venture Village, and then I got hit in the face with this…
New game using said system…
Mind blown… why?
You are an orc, and you fight and kill and pray and scheme and tinker and howl for a place in heaven.Some Orc, probably? Big too, and nasty.
Grant (Spire et-al) is doing the words, and Rollin is art’ing the hell out of this one.
I’m excited, because MB is one of my favorite things. It is a great system!
But this, this is going to tickle the ribs of a lot of 40K fans or people who might like the idea of Orcs in space, but aren’t fond of the 40K Universe (even though it’s actually satire).
- *Everything you need to make a punch-obsessed weirdo desperately trying to accelerate the apocalypse
- *A unique orc cyborg class called, ingeniously, the ORCBORG
- *Rules for piloting, fighting and stealing legendary Big Robots such as BANG TEN THOUSAND, MASSIVE PROBLEM, and RUST BITCH
- *Permanent injury and cybernetic replacement rules
- *An actual theme tune
- *Guidance for jamming existing maps into the Derelict to avoid doing any actual prep work
- *Two new kinds of Power: distilled Technowizardry and yell-powered Orc Prayers
- *A junk spaceship full of mad humans, demon-worshiping aliens and worse things besides to beat up
- *Eight different musical genres including Trashcannon, Pianohammer and Drum Bastard
It all takes place on the Derelict and it’s described as:
The DERELICT is a great big beautiful trash rocket smashing through space and it is jam-packed with ORCS, generations upon generations of them, sporing and scrapping, building murderous idols to their mad gods, and praying for DOOM when the Derelict will crash into heaven and disgorge every dead-hard big-toothed bastard in a glorious green tide.Another Orc, maybe even bigger than the last one.
If you love RRD because of Spire and their other games then you’re going to love this one, and honestly, just check out our Spotlight on Spire to see the kind of wicked stuff that RRD are capable of – turning drow/dark elves on their head in a big way.
It’s coming to crowdfunding very soon, and you can bet the moment it hits we’ll be dropping a Kickstarter Spotlight to shine a big glowup on this one.